Terms of entry
British Baker Christmas Stars Awards
Terms & Conditions of Entry
1. Entrants must be businesses engaged in the manufacture or retail of bakery products trading for profit in the United Kingdom. Employees of the Organiser, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the Competition are not eligible to enter.
2. Entrants can enter as many products as they wish however products can only be entered once into one category. Entrants must choose the category that is most appropriate for that product. The Organiser reserves the right to change category at the time of judging deemed appropriate.
3. Products must have been manufactured by the entrant or, if the entrant is a retailer, have been manufactured specifically for that retailer.
4. Products must be available in store for at least eight consecutive weeks in the period of 1st September 2018 to 26th December 2018 to qualify for entry.
5. The Organiser reserves the right at its absolute discretion to reject any entry that it deems inappropriate.
6. Entry forms must completed in full and entered online with the accompanying entry fee by 5pm on Monday 10th September 2018.
7. Entries must be submitted by the person responsible for the entry and to whom all correspondence concerning the Awards should be addressed.
8. As per entry form, details of the product MUST be supplied to include product name, concept, tasting notes, known or anticipated price (please state which) and source details if available. Where relevant information is available or applicable (some added value products for example), please include ingredients listing and basic nutrition details (e.g: % amounts of calories, sugars, fats, unsaturated fats and salts).
9. For Christmas puddings, cooking instructions must be supplied and will be followed by the cooks.
10. All information supplied will, at the discretion of the organisers, be used for marketing and publication purposes.
11. Failure to deliver products in accordance with the Organiser’s directions may result in the imposition of a surcharge for the rescheduling of a tasting or the disqualification of the entry, in which case entry fees are not refundable.
12. Products must be in date for consumption during the judging on Wednesday 3rd October 2018.
13. Four samples of each product must be delivered to: FAO: LARA BACINELLO, Ashdown Manna Cookery School, Blackham, East Sussex on Tuesday 2nd October 2018. Full delivery details will be provided on receipt of your online entry.
14. Winners will be announced via an online broadcast on https://www.bakerychristmasstars.co.uk/ in early October 2018.
15. The Organiser reserves the right to change the categories and the judging panel without prior notice to entrants.
16. The Organiser’s decision on all matters affecting the event is final and legally binding.
17. Entrants who notify the Organiser in writing to email@example.com that they wish to withdraw their entry by 5pm on Monday 10th September 2018 will receive a full refund of their entry fee. Entrants withdrawing after that date will not receive any refund.
18. No correspondence will be entered into.
19. The Organiser reserves the right at the time of judging to change the requested entry sample and/or category, dependent on appropriateness and availability.
20. Entries, supporting materials and products will become the property of the Organiser and will not be returned.
21. Any winner may publicise a winning category Award provided the year in which it was won is stated. The Organiser licenses any winner to use the Awards logo in connection with its Award until 31st December 2019, as long as the artwork is previously sent for approval.
22. Winners may be required to take part in some post-event publicity and consent to their name and photograph being used for such purposes.
23. By entering the Awards, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of the Draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented. All entry instructions form part of the rules.
24. The Organiser and Data Controller is William Reed Business Media Ltd, Broadfield Park, Crawley RH11 9RT.