Who can enter
Any professional baker or bakery retailer – regardless of size – can enter the British Baker Christmas Star competition.
Whether you are an independent bakery, a farm shop, a wholesale bakery operation or a multiple retailer, if you sell or supply festive baked products then we want to hear from you.
To be eligible for entry, products must qualify as a Christmas product by being available in store from 1st September 2017 to 31st January 2018.
The deadline for entries is Monday 18 September 2017. Judging will take place on 2 October 2017.
Small/medium bakery business – £99
Large bakery business (75+ employees) – £299
How to enter
Our online process makes entering the British Baker Christmas Stars quick and easy.
Four simple steps to enter British Baker Christmas Stars
- Review the categories and criteria and have a clear understanding of which festive products you plan to enter into this year’s Awards. Please note all products entered should be ready to judge on delivery. Only the Christmas pudding will be baked to the instructions provided on the packaging.
- Products must be available in store for at least four consecutive weeks between 1st September to 31st January to qualify for entry as a Christmas product.
- Step by step entry process
– Create an account
– Select whether you are a Small/ medium bakery business or a Large bakery business (75+ employees)
– Select the number of products you wish to enter
– Pay for your entries
– Fill in the product details online
We have made it easy for you and you can enter numerous products on the same entry form!
Please have the two documents below ready to upload for each entry submitted.
- Product concept– In no more than 400 words briefly outline the products evolution and the thinking underlying its development. Please upload one document per product entered
• Tasting notes – In no more than 100 words, please describe the prominent flavours of the product and what is expected from it i.e. moist, fruity, sweet, spiced, aromatic etc. Judging is a blind tasting. One document upload per product entered
- Make sure you are able to send 4 samples of each product to Ashdown Manna Cookery School, Blackham, East Sussex, TN3 9TN, FAO: Felicite Burke on Monday 2nd October between 9am and 5pm. Packaging and marketing material does not have to be supplied as part of the entry. It may be supplied for information but it will not be included in the judging process.
… wait for Christmas to arrive early and see if you are a winner!