Entries have now closed for the 2018 Christmas Stars. Disappointed you missed out on entering? Then register your interest to be on our mailing list next year!
Do your mince pies have a bold new flavour twist? Or have you set out to offer an alternative to a traditional Christmas pudding, yet still encapsulate Christmas in every mouthful?
Then you and your product are what our British Baker Christmas Star judges are looking for! This is a fantastic opportunity to be rewarded and recognised by the wider industry – your customers, partners and suppliers.
Any professional baker or bakery retailer – regardless of size – can enter the British Baker Christmas Star competition. Whether you are an independent bakery, a farm shop, a wholesale bakery operation or multiple retailers, if you sell or supply festive baked products then we want to hear from you.
Here’s why you should enter
- Generate positive publicity locally and nationally
- Reward the loyalty, skills and hard work of your team
- Increase sales and help your product stand out from the competition during the festive period
- Gain an independent, nationally recognised ‘badge of honour’ for your product with the use of the Christmas Stars logo on all your marketing materials
- Raise the profile of your business with coverage in British Baker in print and online
To be eligible for entry, products must qualify as a Christmas product by being available in store from 1st September 2018 to 26th December 2018.
Small/medium bakery business – £99
Large bakery business (75+ employees) – £299
How do I enter?
Our online process makes entering the British Baker Christmas Stars quick and easy.
Three simple steps to enter British Baker Christmas Stars:
1. Review the categories and criteria and have a clear understanding of which festive products you plan to enter into this year’s Awards. (Please note all products entered should be ready to judge on delivery. Only the Christmas pudding will be baked to the instructions provided on the packaging.)
2. Complete the online entry form.
Please have the two documents below ready to upload for each entry submitted.
Product concept– In no more than 400 words briefly outline the products evolution and the thinking underlying its development. Please upload one document per product entered
Tasting notes – In no more than 100 words, please describe the prominent flavours of the product and what is expected from it i.e. moist, fruity, sweet, spiced, aromatic etc. Judging is a blind tasting. One document upload per product entered
3. Make sure you are able to send 4 samples of each product to Ashdown Manna Cookery School
Remember, winners also benefit from editorial exposure to their peers and potential customers in leading industry magazine British Baker and on britishbaker.co.uk.
Need a little helping hand? Read our how-to guide for submitting an entry.
Please view our terms and conditions of entry