Are you producing first-class festive favourites such as mince pies, stollen or Christmas cake? Do your mince pies have a bold new flavour twist? Or have you set out to offer an alternative to a traditional Christmas pudding, yet still encapsulate Christmas in every mouthful?
Then hurry and submit your products in the British Baker Christmas Stars’ competition. This is a fantastic opportunity to be rewarded and recognised by the wider industry – your customers, partners and suppliers.
Any professional baker or bakery retailer – regardless of size – can enter the British Baker Christmas Stars competition. Whether you are an independent bakery, a farm shop, a wholesale bakery operation, manufacturer or multiple retailer, if you sell or supply festive baked products, then we want to hear from you.
Here’s why you should enter
- Generate positive publicity, both locally and nationally
- Reward the loyalty, skills and hard work of your team
- Increase sales and help your product stand out from the competition during the festive period
- Gain an independent, nationally recognised badge of honour for your product with the use of the Christmas Stars logo on all marketing materials
- Raise the profile of your business with coverage in British Baker magazine and website
To be eligible for entry, products must qualify as a Christmas product by being available in-store from 1st September 2019 to 2nd January 2020 and be part of a festive range.
Small/medium bakery business – £99 plus VAT per item
Large bakery business (75+ employees) – £299 plus VAT per item
How do I enter?
Our online process makes entering the British Baker Christmas Stars quick and easy.
Three simple steps to enter British Baker Christmas Stars:
1. Review the categories and criteria and have a clear understanding of which festive products you plan to enter into this year’s awards. (Please note all products entered should be ready to judge on delivery. Only the Christmas pudding will be baked to the instructions provided on the packaging.)
2. Complete the online entry form.
Please have the two documents below ready to upload for each entry submitted.
Product concept– In no more than 400 words, outline the product’s evolution and the thinking underlying its development. Please upload one document per product entered.
Tasting notes – In no more than 100 words, please describe the prominent flavours of the product and what is expected from it i.e. moist, fruity, sweet, spiced, aromatic. Judging is blind so the judges are unaware of the identity of the manufacturer/retailer at the tasting stage. One document upload per product entered.
3. Make sure you are able to send four samples of each product to Ashdown Manna Cookery School
Remember, winners also benefit from editorial exposure to their peers and potential customers in leading industry magazine British Baker and on britishbaker.co.uk.
Need a little helping hand? Read our how-to-enter guide for submitting an entry
Please view our terms and conditions of entry