Products should be delivered ready to eat, with the exception of Christmas Puddings, which will be cooked on site according to instructions provided.
Please note when submitting your entry/s both product concept and tasting notes MUST be submitted along with any included ingredients listing and basic nutrition details (e.g: % amounts of calories, sugars, fats, unsaturated fats and salts).
You can enter products into any of the below categories:
Christmas Cakes, Pastries & Tarts
- Christmas Cake – must be no larger than 12 inches in diameter. It must contain a mix of dried fruit and almonds and can be decorated in any way.
- Cake Bar – Can be a bar that is sold individually or in a multi-pack. Can include any ingredient but must have a festive feel or packaging. Can be a tray bake.
- Festive Cake or Pudding – (but not a traditional Christmas Pudding) of any size and featuring any ingredients or baking technique. However, the product must only be available for sale over the festive period.
Traditional Christmas Pudding – must be no larger than 7 inches in diameter. It must contain a mix of dried fruit and some kind of alcoholic beverage and can be decorated in any way.
Festive Biscuits (Sweet & Savoury) including Gingerbread
- Christmas Biscuit Selection – Must include at least 12 biscuits and have a combination of chocolate and plain. It must be sold as a selection especially for Christmas.
- Savoury Biscuit – can include biscuits all of the same type or a varied selection.
- Christmas Gingerbread – Can be an individual gingerbread or a pack of no more than 12. Gingerbread can be decorated in any way.
Festive Bread including Panettone
- Festive Bread – Can be any type of bread (white, brown, wholemeal, sourdough, rye etc) but must only be available for sale over the Christmas period. Up to 800g in weight.
- Panettone – This sweet Italian bread must include vanilla, citrus and candied fruit. It can be of any size or shape.
Free from Christmas Bakery
This can be any festive-themed product that fits into one of the above categories but must be free from at least one major allergen, in compliance with food labelling regulations. Follow the above criteria depending on the product you are entering (ie – an entry of free-from mince pies must consist of six pies).
Mince Pies (sponsored by Flemings Zeelandia)
Entries must consist of six mince pies that contain mincemeat. Entrants can use any kind of pastry and the pies can be of any shape or size.